Friday, June 11, 2010

Hello from my back porch

So, it's summer time, which means I spend my evenings/nights on the porch, watching the stars, the moon, and whatever i can find on netflix... And tonight, it happens to be "Then She Found Me" (2007) with Helen Hunt, Bette Midler, Matthew Broderick, and Colin Firth. It's the story of a New York schoolteacher who hits a midlife crisis. Her husband leaves her, her adopted mother dies, and her birth mother, an eccentric talk show host, comes to find her. The story unfolds into a comedic tale of love, relationships, and what happens in between, aka a courtship with the father of one of her students.

Wow... I should do that for a living... watch movies and write a synopsis. Okay, anyways, what else is going on right now... I have an organ gig at Frederick Pres. Church on Sunday, and I have marching band camp tomorrow, and I couldn't be more excited!!! I love band... I know I'm a dork, and I love Drum Corp, aka, band on CRACK!!! One day soon I hope... I will be the conductor of Phantom Regiment. It would be AMAZING!!! Maybe I could actually work for them once I age out, or I'll get an amazing band program of my own.

That brings me to another great idea I had... I want a symphonic orchestra at whatever high school I work at. I want to be able to play pop songs, show tunes, and other amazing arrangements on top of the traditionally amazing orchestra repertoire out there. Picture, a concert of show tunes, and other pieces that require a singer, or a group, and that concert would have amazing effects that would require it to be outdoors, say on a stage on a football field... Basically, go watch a Celtic Woman dvd, especially one of the ones where they are outside, at slane castle, or at Powercourts Garden. That is something I would like to do with an amazing group of high schoolers.

Wow, this is completely random, but I'm glad to get this on paper/blog/internet/whatever.

ANYWAYS!!! Everyone have a good night/week/summer or how ever long it is until I post again!

No comments:

Post a Comment